Monday, April 8, 2013

Surprise ~ and the nomination goes to...ME!

 

Every night as a bedtime ritual I climb under the covers and do one last Twitter & Facebook scroll. What usually happens next is one of 2 things: 

A)  I am so tires that my eyes usually shut with my iphone in my hand and I wake to an alert
OR 
B) I start chatting with someone and get my second wind...not noticing the time...that leads to a God-aweful tired next morning
 :-) 

Lately B has been winning like last night. Not only did I have a LOOOONG conversation with someone until after 1am  (eh hem) I also saw that Ms. Ashley " The Pavement Princess " nominated me for The Versatile Blogger award via Twitter. Wahoo~ Thanks Pretty lady!
I met Ashley for the first time at my last race the Sarasota Half Marathon  along with some other girls from our Facebook group Team #runDisney. (You can go and read about that in another post). I think we might be creating a nice friendship because we have a lot in common.

(Ok. I'm wandering with this post)

 ANYWAYS, She nominated me for this award with the rules below and then in return I have to pay it forward to some of my favorite bloggers so...
Drum Roll Please...
On to the Versatile Blogger thingy....


The rules for The Versatile Blogger award are:
1. Add The Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post
2. Thank the person (or animal) who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post
3. Share seven things about yourself
4. Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
~~~~~~~~~~
7  THINGS ABOUT ME  hmm...
(please don't use this as amo against me.. oh boy!) 
1~ I am originally from New Jersey and I love all aspects and things that have to do with Jersey. (Yes, it's Jersey not NEW Jersey) 
2~ I'm Italian and Yes, it shows. I can be sweet... but mess with my family and "the dragon" will be unleashed. Don't worry ..it takes a lot to unleash it.
3~ Hi my name is Jen and I'm a Disney Addict...that's right it is an illness that I have always had. I don't think there is a cure unfortunately 
4~ I am Sarcastic ... I guess it has to do with #1 & #2??
5~ I love to goof around in public or in crowds. I hate serious people... For God's sake smile and dance. You only live once. You will probably never see those people in the crowd again and if you do they will remember you  :-D 
6~ MY AGE.. um yeah. I hate it when people say "OMG you look like a teenager" H-A-T-E  IT!!! I know this sounds crazy but I've earned every gray hair on my head. I have a 17 1/2 year old daughter and a 15 yr old son. NO, I DIDN'T HAVE THEM AT 13... I WAS 20 and yes I planned it that way.
7~ I've had more life experiences, good & bad, that the average person has gone thru. I don't have a fancy degree in anything but my life experiences have proved I don't need one. At the age of 19 I opened a business with my husband that was destroyed after hurricane Charley, was rebuilt with our own hands, and we still have strong. I have worked 2 jobs all my life since 13 (even though I am still waiting for my dream job to happen) , I have been a VP of my kids PTO for 11 yrs and have been awarded the "Volunteer of the Year" once from the school board. I have put on numerous events for over 500 people at one time, and I love to GIVE BACK as much as I can.
THAT'S  ME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here are MY nominees for The Versatile Blogger award 
1~ Team #runDisney ( home to my runner friends)
  DREAM BIG ~ PRAY BOLD  




No comments:

Post a Comment