Monday, October 12, 2009

The Travel Channel- You need a new show & host! ME!

When you think of the "Travel Channel" what do you think of? Places to travel & all types of travel...NO?
Ok,well I do. 1st let me start by saying I L-O-V-E the show "Man vs. Food" well, done! The places he visits are close to my heart especially when he goes to NJ (I'm an original Jersey Girl) Philly, NYC, and yes...my home now~ Florida.
Mr. Bourdain, god love 'em! How he goes to those places and can eat some of that food after seeing where it came from 2 seconds before! Now Samantha Brown, yes, I WANT her job!
However, to me The Travel Channel should highlight places I want to "travel" to or cruise to, and see what I'm really missing if I don't go there. Disney, of course is always my favorite to watch. If you've read the rest of my blog you'll know I am a Disney lover. I wish I could be buried there! But have they really run out of ideas at the Travel Channel? Have they found NO ONE that wants to visit different places or do different things while there? What about going to Europe, the islands of the Caribbean, Alaska,? Really..no one? No one wants to see the things like Niagra Falls, Washington D.C, or Mrytle Beach? I guess they haven't met pretty ole' me! Pick me. Pick me. I'll do it- I'd be the Giada of the travel channel! For God's sake we could name it where in the world is the Travel Girl! :-)

1 comment:

  1. petWell, Jen, you've made a very interesting point when it comes to how destinations are chosen ... the truth be told it is basically the almighty dollar ...

    Everyone from network travel to food people only go when they are invited and the lion's share is paid for by the invitor !!! I know this on good authority as one of them actually sponsored a travel/food personality and in return, their place was featured in the piece !!!

    If I told you who it was and you saw the piece you'd know for sure I'm tellin' the truth !!!

    Cheers & Ciao !!!
    BB

    ReplyDelete