Saturday, March 1, 2014

Running for a sole cause & a special friend

On Saturday March 8, 2014 I will be running with my Coconut Point Fit2run ambassador family in the
 Susan G Komen Race for a Cure 5k. 



Our team name will be team "Fit2run Ambreastadors" and yes it will be co-ed!


Our team has so many reasons to run for this race but 2 are very special ... the camaraderie that we all have together and the cause. 
The team does have a fundraising page and while it may say we have met our goal, we would love to go over and above! 
Our team page is below :


A few years back I ran for my mother in law that had won over breast cancer, this year I run for a very inspiring woman and friend, Kimberly Markey! 

Kimberly is a mom, wife, fabulous Disney friend, and a inspiring runner battling breast cancer one step at a time! 


She has endured chemo and surgeries this year while keeping a strong spirit, a glowing personality, and kicking ass at all of our RunDisney events this year! 
This girl has to be one of the most inspiring people I know!! There is always a saying I think of when I think of Kimberly and that is "Sexy, Strong and Beautiful"!  Kimberly has it all and yes bald is beautiful!!



That Saturday I will be running with a her name on my shirt and my race will be dedicated to her... as a fighter. With a little pixie dust my goal is to kick this races' butt like she has kicked cancer's butt! Nothing would make me happier ... Well maybe if she was here running with me :)

Her story is a powerful one and I encourage you to go and read it on her blog http://www.makermothermarathonrunner.com
Kimberly... YOU ROCK!!


No comments:

Post a Comment